Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day12 Saturday, July 21

After having the nice breakfast buffet in the hotel and soaking my foot for an hour, I decided to venture out and take the metro up to the old Jewish quarter , home of some  infamous museums and synagogues.  Being the observant Jew that I am, it never occurred to me that today is the Sabbath and all this Hebrew history would be closed. What was open were all the high-end boutiques, e.g.  Ferragamo and Prada. I had lunch at pizzeria, went by the train station to get my train ticket for tomorrow and came home to soak my foot. Went out later to explore the river front The weather was lousy and was drizzling so after I came out of the metro station I got on a tram and just rode it for 20 minutes and then ducked into a restaurant for some more vodka ,some soup and then home for the evening.


PHOTOS HERE

2 comments:

  1. One of the things Sandra and I have frequently done is buy an all day trasport pass and ride buses. We just pick a bus line, get on and ride it all the way to the end. Then do it again on another bus line. Great way to see some sights without a lot of walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your amazing cousin had a bday on July 21 too! Nice blog Alan! -Chloe :)

    ReplyDelete