Friday, July 15, 2022

SPAIN

 I'LL NEVER FLY COACH AGAIN.... Ok you ask what's with Orkin and his testimonials about personal expenses.  Well after not traveling for a couple of years I had accumulated miles in most of my airline programs which I watching as they are being depreciated... So I wanted to use them up.  Now it was easy to get a coach ticket to Spain.  I assumed I could then upgrade with cash to a better position on the plane.  It has always worked for me in past years.  NOT any more.  I tried online and at the check in counter but could not secure a better seat on the flight to Malaga.  So I was on a aisle in a 747 with 3-4-3 and probably had the most fidgety person on the plane to my left.  I was actually drugged and comfortable but couldn't fall asleep because of the arm movements and kicking of my new neighbor.  Add a multi hour delay in Frankfurt and I arrived in Malaga 20 hours after I left home with probably only a hour or two of rest.  I was met at the airport by my good friends and traveling buddies, Sandra and John Lopez.  I asked them to make a vow that if I ever stated that I was flying internationally in Coach again, to just slap me to my senses

Malaga is a major metropolitan area on the Coastal del Sol. It's a major tourist destination in the summer.  An area just above the Strait of Gibraltar.  Lots of Brits, Canadians and others enjoying beaches and the night life.  We had a great 2 days indoctrinating back into the Spanish way of life; walking, sangria and red wine and lots of tapas. After a recharging ME, we piled into our rented Renault and set out for Granada.


CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good first stop!! Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How’s the ham?

    ReplyDelete