Friday, May 10, 2019

Club Med Punta Cana

As I complete my responsibilities to Wells Fargo Advisors over the next year, I will be moving my expertise into the travel industry. I’m fortunate that my friend Eddie Gertner is allowing me to join his team of experienced travel advisors at Mill Travel. Mill Travel amongst other accomplishments is the #1 retailer for Club Med in US and every year their agents are invited to one of their clubs for an update from the President of the worldwide travel and resort company. This year the event was held at their Punta Cana DR facilities. It’s their largest by area. I was asked to come along for the 5 day event.

I was somewhat skeptical as I was a repeat visitor to their clubs in the late 70’s and early 80’s and am not really interested in that nonstop drinking and partying that I remember. Well we have grown up and so has the Club. It’s now frequented by couples of all ages and families. There are the usual outdoor and water based activities for all ages. They now have a “Mini-Club” for kids as young as 4 months where the kids can go and be supervised during the day.

We were treated to one of the “Tiara” suites which is two bedrooms adjoining a limited common use infinity pool next to the coastline. There is also a private bar just for the 10 Tiara Suites.

We had group events each evening as well as a guided tour of the facility one morning. There was a small wine tasting for a few of us where they poured “the good stuff”.

All in all I’m glad I made the trip and I can already envision some of my clients at the clubs...

Click here for Photos

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks amazing. Glad you decided to go. Say hi to Eddie. Glad you posted commentary and pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve Benotti
    Looks good!

    Leslie Golden
    Well done!

    Eddie Gertner
    Great job, Doctor! Excellent blog. I appreciate you putting in the good word for Club Med.

    ReplyDelete