Monday, August 9, 2021

Summer 2021 Covid Free- Not really

 After spending the last 15 months isolated, well actually I did travel a little bit; I made the decision to get away from Houston for the summer.  The choices were the mountains of the Western US or the Northeast Coast.  Since I don't know anyone in the northeast, the decision was easy.  I have spent many summers in the beautiful valleys of Vail and Aspen.  I was a guest of my good friends Sandra and John Lopez at their summer hacienda in Park City last summer, so I started planning in March for a trip to the Vail valley.  My friend Alan "guitar" Zieben was on the way for a little spring skiing in Vail, so I tasked him with finding me a summer rental.  He found a great unit in the Kiva Condominiums in Beaver Creek.  It was so enticing that he decided to split the rental w/me.  We set it for July15.  Then I was invited by Sandra and John for a weeks visit to their place in the Canyons of Park City.  

On the fourth of July I pulled out of Park Square in my 60,000 mile Jaguar and the next evening I was the guest of my cousin Bruce and his lovely mate Gina in Parker Co. The next day after a quick flight from DEN to SLC, I was again at the Silverado in the Canyons of Park City with my friend the Lopez's.  We had a great week, walking, some fishing, several outdoor performances and lots of eating. It was over too soon,  Then a quick flight back to DEN, picked up my car and meet up with  Zieben.

The days have been filled with golf, swimming, hiking and of course eating at some of the best restaurants in the country.  As my friend Mike Stein likes to say-"the restaurants up here have to be good, or they won't last a season."

Take a look as I capture the summer.

PHOTOS HERE

https://www.instagram.com/alan.mill.travel/


No comments:

Post a Comment