Monday, June 3, 2024

Summer 2024 or Out of the Houston Heat

 
So this summer I'm going to avoid the airports and crowds and cool off in the mountains of Colorado(Texas-North).  I decided on the Dillon / Silverthorne area from my previous visits to the area. I started looking for suitable rental early in the year and with the help of Zillow I found this 2 1/2 Br condo overlooking Lake Dillon. Having  done the 16 hour drive before, I'm a big fan of putting the car on the truck and meeting it in Denver on the plane.  After several days of of no response from the truckers, I got a call on  Memorial Day from a heavy accented driver who said he would pick up my car in 2 hours.   Lucky for me, I had been briefed that this interaction was not only possible but probable.  The car was packed and off the Tesla went late Monday afternoon.  I spent Tuesday closing my Condo and early Wednesday caught a flight to Denver where I was met my cousin Bruce and his significant other Gina.   We spent 3 days around Parker, Co including a drive to the the Castle Pines golf course where the BMW invitational will be held in August. This is also the course that for years was a televised gold tournament called the International which had a unusual scoring mechanism but was a very popular spectator tournament.

After drooping Bruce and Gina at the airport for their trip back East, it was an easy 90 min. drive.  Essentially no traffic, but I'm sure as the summer progresses this will change.

The first morning I took a small walk in the neighborhood to check out the Dillon Amphitheater home of many summer concerts and the Lake.  My complex is directly across the street from the amphitheater 

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS

2 comments:

  1. Nice pics. I'm sure you'll enjoy. Interesting pic of the car. When I did that they showed up in an 18 wheeler car carrier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alan, Just received your pictures of Colorado trip in June. The mountains are beautiful. Have a good safe trip home to Houston. Judy

    ReplyDelete