Sunday, November 19, 2023

Finale

The final morning 


We loaded the bus on our last 4 hr ride to Casablanca.  To everyone’s surprise it was covered with a marine fog.  A full tour of the  Hassan II mosque which I picture on my first afternoon when it was sunny.  This time we toured the interior with our our personal guide and learned a lot about the Islam religion and their relationship with mosque.  This is the 2nd or 3 rd largest mosque in the Muslim world and will hold 25,000 people on the inside and another 40,000 outside in the courtyard.

That evening I had a beautiful suite on the top floor of a Spa hotel and took it easy.

So Morroco as a new experience for me and I must admit, even the experienced traveler that I am, I could have never made it without a group and guide.

I think 8 full days were  a little too much for me, but the highlights of the country are spread out and it takes a while to drive the country.  One could fly in and out of Marrakech, and just skip Casablanca and commute by local air to Fez and or Tangier and see most of the country. But the only way to get to the Desert and dunes is by driving and I would not have given that up.  Watching the sunset and rise over the desert sand will stick with me for a long time.

Our tour director Bren and her company Cherg Expeditions of Marrakech was wonderful handling every little detail. 


Photos Here

No comments:

Post a Comment