Wednesday, June 29, 2016

ACTIVIITIES


The school makes sure that in addition to hiring excellent teachers, they have a full staff of young energetic "hosts" that create and accompany excursions everyday. The conversation is exclusively in Spanish. You are forced to learn quickly if you don't want to be in the dark. My first trip was a walk through the "Gothic Quarter", one of the oldest areas of B. We visited the Cathedral of B. It so happens that a girls choir from Philadelphia was singing. We finished in a famous Tapas Bar to properly learn the art of selecting, eating and paying for Tapas. A requirement if one is to exist in B. The. Next day was a boat excursion out of the port of B, same place where a year earlier I caught my Mediterranean, Suez Canal, Red Sea cruise on the RCL Quantum of the Sea. Finished the day with a dinner in the open mercado with two of my classmates, one a doctor from Bergen Norway and the other a chef from Oslo Sweden. That evening, we had Sangria and Salsa lessons on the the rooftop patio. As you can tell I didn't have much time to review my class work. This is an immersion program. They teach by throwing you in it. But it is still very difficult for me. I never had much luck with language while in high school and I'm not finding it any easier. However, after living in the Southwest for most of my life, my "diction" is one of the best in the school according to my teachers. I don't know what to say, but whatever I say, sounds very good!


PHOTOS HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment