Wednesday, July 9, 2014

FIRE

I had just written the sequence on the ship and left the stateroom for a workout and then stopped for,a,Nathan's dog w/sauerkraut.  I was sitting by the pool enjoying my reward ( the hot dog and fries) when one of the alarms went off.  We had a real fire in the elevator control room.  We are docked and the boat is half empty but it was a real fire and the crew swung into action.  I was on the upper deck by the pool but for a moment thought I was going to be forced to evacuate the ship through the service gangplank with no return trip to the cabin for my valuables.  Within 5 min ; everything was under control and everyone "stood down".  I can see that we lost service in 2 forward elevators which service my cabin.  I assume we will move on minus an elevator or two. We'll this is the first "emergency" I ve encountered in all my travels.  And I'll admit I was getting a little nervous there for a moment; however theOfficers and crew handled it very professionally with lots of explanations. They really had it under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment