Friday, July 11, 2014

Halifax

So the fire wasn't the only problem in Syndey.  The wind was so strong that the captain couldn't push away from the pier..so we had to wait 4 hrs till the wind died down and then got away.  He made up a lot of time and we got into Halifax an hour late on Thurs. am.   I set out on foot to climb up the hill to the old Citadel which was a fort that had been built in the early settlement days to protect the town. It reminded me a lot tof the Alamo but there was more of it preserved.  I had lunch from a fish shack on the wharf and then back on the boat for the last formal night.  I joined up with my new friends from the DC area.  He was a retired newspaper man who had grown up in Pasadena, worked for the Hobbys at the Houston Post and later covered Washington for the Post.  His daughter was with him and had attended Tulane several yrs after me.
PHOTOS HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment