Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Summer 2014

July 1
Ok Another summer, another trip.  This year I'm staying a little closer to home ; Canada , Oh Canada.  It began as a very ambitious flight in the Mooney up the Atlantic Seaboard with multiple stops to see the country.  After many sleepless nights worrying about the weather and an marketing email from Holland America with last minute deals on their St. Lawrence River cruises; I'm really a sucker for those cruise specials; I got up 2 Sundays ago and in 1 hour booked passage on the Holland Veendam from Quebec City to Boston, air using United miles, confirmed availability with my friends John and Sandra in Montreal and I was set.

Early Tuesday morning the 1st of July I was off. To the airport with the help of my trusted driver Harvey.  It took about 10 hrs on old United equipment, delayed connections and transfers in Montreal, but I hooked up with John & Sandra during a heat wave in Montreal.  We spent the first evening in a sports bar on Rue St. Catherine ; more on Rue St.Catherine in a minute; watching the most boring televised sport in the world Futbol!.

We later had some Sangria down by the river walk, I signed up for a bicycle tour for the next day and called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment