Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Barcelona


May 13 In the morning a fantastic breakfast in the lobby of the hotel, i checked out and stored my bag and then it was off to Pre-arraigned meeting place with my travel companions, Sandra and John Lopez. When I turned the corner to the hotel, I saw them having coffee at an outside table. Right behind me, another couple they had arraigned to meet walked up. We were off @ 10 am to find the train to Montserrat. This is an ancient monastery which was built during the dark ages of Europe. It is high in the mountains N of Barcelona and requires an hour train ride and a funicular up the mountain. I left them after a couple hors and returned solo to town to recover my bag and check in the ship so I could leave for dinner. I had bought a ticket for a piano concert that evening at the historic Palou de Musica and i wanted plenty of time to explore La Rambla. The main pedestrian walkway for dinner prior to the show. Everything went off without a problem until I got to the pier. The check in was a Chinese fire drill. Literally. Anyway. I gave my bag to a porter to send onboard and left for the city. I returned to the ship @ 10:30 that evening, after the concert. Walked on , checked in and was in my cabin in 15 minutes. Just in time to watch us back out of the harbor past the Celebrity Reflection which I cruised on January.


PHOTOS HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment