Monday, May 11, 2015

Sailing on Quantum of the Seas


Hoping to change my ticket to day earlier, I was packed and ready to go a full day early. What a boring day Sunday May 10. So on Monday, the 11th I was up early(getting on timezones 6 hr ahead). The Shuttle was late but got me to IAH Terminal D with time to spare. A little wine and cheese in the 1st Class Lounge and we boarded. The cabin stewards were very efficient and showed me to my seat 3K which actually was a private cubicle. Instructed me on the controls, and took my first drink order, a scotch of course, Johnnie Walker Blue. Dinner was promptly served. Another scotch and I was ready for turn down. I put on the British Air complimentary pajamas and my "bed" was made complete with a duvet! Upon arrival at Heathrow the next morning, we taxied quickly to the gate, and through the terminal, down to the ramp, on to the bus to transfer to Terminal , up the stairs, through security and finally to the BA lounge for another coffee and WiFi. I had about 1 1/2 hour and then boarded the flight to Barcelona. A beautiful flight over the Pyrenees with snow covering and into BCN with a train transfer into town. The Hotel Villa Emila was waiting with a bottle of Spanish wine in my room. I Had already decided to take the "Hop on Hop off" tour bus the first afternoon and it was a great choice. I saw enormous amount of city and info. I walked around Pl Espanya after dinner and then a 10 min. walk to my hotel for bed.
PHOTOS HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment