Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 22 Tues July 31

John had one more day of class at the Sorbonne, so Sandra and I started       walking toward the Latin Quarter to meet him for lunch.   A stroll  through the Jardin du Luxembourg and eventually to a kebab shop where John met us and we had lunch.  More walking through the Latin Quarter and I caught the Metro to the Musee d'Orsay  complete with my downloaded  audio-visual guide to the Musee that I purchased from the apple store.  The museum was in a converted train station. The app didn't work. I was frustrated and pissed....cause I really don't like art museums. I thought w/my new I-Pad and my a-v app that I would learn something.   So I spent an hour walking through the Orsay attempting to use the guide and left.  Mother,,,I did go to an art museum   Spent a total of 1 hour of this trip of 25 days....Not bad. That evening;  we did the evening bike tour from Fat Tire tours.  This made my seventh bike tour on the trip.  Never at night....It was way cool traveling around Paris at dusk and after sunset.  The tour culminated with a boat ride and wine on the Seine. Home in bed  at 12:30
PHOTOS HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment