Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 24 Thur Aug 2

My last full day of the trip, we started with a bus ride to the Tuilerie Gardens which leads one to the grounds of the Louvre.  We spent about a hour or two walking around and entered the underground of the Louvre.   There is a new shopping mall under the park and Louvre, complete with a Apple store and a Starbucks.   We visited both.   After an American coffee, it was off to  Trocadero which is across the river from the Eiffel and afforded a great photo-op in the daylight. After lunch, another bus ride to the Ecole Militaire  which is the location of Napoleons Tomb as well as an interesting military museum. I discovered that a great way to see Paris is from the rear seat in a city bus for 1.5 Euro...
So for my last night I wanted to take John & Sandra out for dinner.  Now I love steak frites and I saw an article on the best places in Conde Nast while flying. I picked out one that I thought was walking distance. Turned out it was  a half hour walk and when we finally got there...It was closed. We did settle on a nice cafe out of way and had a bottle of the local Burgundy with roasted duck and chicken.   As we walked home through the neighborhood,  I resolved that this wasn't my last night, but the beginning of a beautiful relationship, Sam....
PHOTOS HERE

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making your last stop Paris, we enjoyed your company. Also, thanks for a great last night dinner.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete