Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Barcelona Continued


Its been 2 wks and time is moving on.
Last weekend my cousin Dianne and her friend " Miss Babs" and I have been to Park Guell, Tibidabo, Casa Batillo.  We've heard Spanish Guitars and had drinks on rooftops. We have been to TNTC tapas bars, and restaurants.  I have not had a bad meal.  Just look at at me in the photos as the weeks have progressed.  Its a little

tight in the 1000ft apartment, but we seem to be handling it.
I'v now finished 2wks of Spanish.  I wouldn't wish this experience on my worst enemy.  Really, an attempt for a foreign language for a 60+ guy is f'nn crazy.  Although I am miserable when I leave class every day, the girls say I am speaking more and more when we go out.  Last night, our street decided to show a film; their idea of a block party.  It was an American film with Spanish subtitles.  I recognized all the words and most of the phrases.  Maybe Im learning more than I think.
There are several photos of the interior of the house Gaudi designed for the Botello Family.



Click here for photos

2 comments:

  1. It's a process. I was disenchanted from time to time and wanted to just say "screw it!". Keep at it, it will get better.

    A friend once told me that you struggle, struggle, struggle and the all of a sudden a light goes on and you suddenly find yourself understanding and speaking. It just happens he said. In fact that is what I experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it to Tibidabo! The view from there is amazing!

    ReplyDelete