Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Seville

Monday am, out of the hotel for a 8:00 train to Seville.  I was not looking forward to the 4 hours on a hot, and crowded Spanish train.  To my astonishment, it turned out to be a wonderful ride through the Andalusian countryside at 300 km/hr.  For you non metric people, that's 186 MPH!!  Quiet and comfortable..  Beats any airline experience I´ve had...  I´ll be lobbying for a Texas high speed train when I return.
Seville is the smallest town on my journey, but has an amazing history.  Was the center of Spanish government for a Thousand years until the 16th century.   It is only 125 miles north of Morocco, so the weather is that of the Sahara Desert.  Hot, windy and dry... like Las Vegas without the buildings.
The streets are narrow and tortuous.  There are several parks, a river than connects with the Atlantic.  Prior to 1490 when the Jews were exiled(Spanish Inquisition), there was a Jewish Quarter.

Good Photos here

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pics! Looks like you took a bike tour. Well done!
    And yes!; high speed trains are an amazing way to travel!

    ReplyDelete