Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 2


Day 2.  Breakfast was in a big room.  I heard these Israeli breakfast were amazing but I really was not prepared for the enormous amount of food and selection.
I walked about 3 blocks and waited for the double decker tour bus which takes one all around the city in about 3 hrs. It was there that I met this couple and their young children from Cape Town.  We had a 25" break at the main bus station.  Holly Toledo Batman, the joint looked liked a military convention.   Imagine the Port Authority Bus station in New York full of 20 y/o boys and girls, all with  AR 16 slung over their shoulders.  Oh yea, they were all texting each other.
That night I was set up for a bike ride.  One thing I am learning about the Israelis, they tend to understate things.  This ride was advertised as intermediate and not for someone that hasn't been a bike recently.  I would advertise it as expert.  Jerusalem is a very hilly city and we went up and down every last one of them, on a sidewalk bordered by a busy street with busy pedestrian traffic.  We went all through the old city and finally got back to my hotel at 1 am.
PHOTOS HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment