Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 7. July 8


Day 7.  Alarm at 6 so I could be ready for my pickup @ 6:30.  My flight was @ 9:50 but the hotel said I needed that much time for traffic and security at the airport.  Not So.   The ride, 3 levels of security, and passport control and I was having a coffee at my gate by 7:45.  This place is more efficient than Hobby or Bush.  Maybe it's the fact that I look too distinguished or too old to cause any trouble.  Anyway, I found all the personnel  at the airport to be very friendly and courteous.  Not so, in Istanbul!!.  Busy airport and nobody will give you the time of day or a seat nor is there any Internet that works.  I had a 4 hour layover on my way to Mykonos to meet John and Sandra Lopez. The flight to Greece was beautiful,especially the second leg into Mykonos.  We flew low enough that I was able to take some really neat aerial photos. 

Met at the airstrip by John and Sandra in an open roof Suzuki.  We stopped by our hotel, the Anixi which actually is in the village of Ornos on the isle of Mykonos.  It's about a quarter mile walk down the hill to the beachfront bars and restaurants.  I had my first Greek Meal and an after dinner ouzo.  Needless to say I don't remember the walk back.
PHOTO'S HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment