Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 5

Day 5. Up and out early. Across the street to the beach.  I,walked down about a quarter mile where the beach was not protected by a breakwater.  I saw a group of umbrellas and chairs.  I picked out mine and a "beach boy" came up and brushed off the chair and took my towel and covered it.  I asked how much do I owe you.  And he looked perplexed and walked off.  Some people nearby who understood english explained that on public beaches,the do not charge for the service.  Wow, is this place different.   When he came by again about a half hour later I had some scheckels for him.  He smiled. I had a good time in the surf and walked back to he hotel to clean up for lunch.   Tel aviv has done a redevelopment of their old port on the North end of the beach.  It 's no South Street Seaport but it's the most happening spot I've seen in my first 24 hrs in Tel Aviv. After I got enough sun for the day it was back to the Savoy Roof for a sunset. I went to Dizengoff Street to walk around and stopped into a health food restaurant where I had the best Pad Thai since I was in Bangkok wit Gadi.

PHOTOS HERE

1 comment:

  1. A fried American! Good start on a base tan. Beach time on Greece on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete