Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 4


Day 4. Travel day.  I awoke earlier enough to make that gastronomic feast they call breakfast here.  Really I've been to buffets but ... Packed and was picked up promptly 15 min. late(that's Israeli time ) by my tour.   We drove about  an hour and a half (through the West Bank) to the Dead Sea and to Mount Masada.   .  We went to the top of the Masada  and toured the ruins.  It  is really an amazing bit of history. After that we headed back to a spa on the banks oh the dead sea.  I had a salt scrub, a mud bath and then out to the sea for a swim.  Except  you can't swim.   It is so salty, that you literally float on top of the 84 degree water.  It was fun trying. Makes me appreciate the Houstonian pool at 7 am. The guide brought me back to Tel Aviv and my home for the next 3 nights, The Savoy Hotel.   It's a half block from the beach and has this great roof top lounge where I am writing this note.

PHOTOS HERE

2 comments:

  1. I finally figured out how to get on your blogspot. I have enjoyed the pictures, thanks for sharing them. Have a great trip! - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you in the same time zone! Looking forward to the pics of Israel and then seeing you in Mykonos on Monday.

    By the way, you mentioned a salt scrub bath. I'm looking forward to a Turkish bath in Istanbul.

    Keep posting!

    JCL

    ReplyDelete