Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day 11 Friday, July 20

Arrived at 8 o'clock morning after the overnight on the train. I must admit the sleeper train was not as exotic as I had envisioned. First of all the railcar had to be 50 years old and all the windows were down. This,as any Polish will tell you, means No A/C. The Chinese couple that got on behind me started complaining because there was no Wi-Fi, I said hell man I will settle for air-conditioning. We turned out to be drinking buddies as he occupied the compartment right next to mine.  I pulled out my small bottle of authenic Polish vodka which I bought for the trip and shared with him until the wee hours of the morning as we exchanged stories of Houston and Hong Kong.The bad part of the journey was when I woke in the middle the night from what little sleep I got with a tremendous pain in my right foot.  As  it turned out I was now having the symptoms of stress fracture .I guess that's what I've got.My foot is swollen and hurts under the ball of my foot. I cant find an ace bandage, so all I can do is soak in cold water in the tub.Where is Jeff Ross when you need him. As you can imagine this is not been my favorite stop on the trip. It's  because the streets in Prague are very uneven and coposed of cobblestones and very difficult to walk  I did manage to get out last night and took an evening tour of Prague by Segway. Now these machines are really awesome. I have never been on  before but I think now after spending two hours on one, I can really appreciate their utility.


PHOTOS

2 comments:

  1. Oh nooooo!!!! The worst thing you can have in Europe is a bum leg. With all the walking that is required it can be miserable. Hopefully it will get better quickly otherwise we'll have to work around it when you get to Paris. Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete