Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 5- Sat July 14

Didn't get enough doom and gloom the first couple of days, so I returned to the Gestapo Museum.  Walked in..  No guided tours but found an English speaking group of college kids and tagged along with their group.  They had a guide who really knew his stuff. When the rain stopped, I went out and made my way outside the city to what was billed as the "Luftwaffe Museum".  Expected to see a bunch of Me 109s and Stukka's  Instead there were a lot post WW II planes on the ramp.  The exhibits did had some WW II items.  It was quite a slepp out there and back.  Took the better part of the afternoon.  I took the wrong train home and had to get off and walk few blocks to get to the Underground that I needed.  Happened  by a famous chocalotier  and went in for a late afternoon snack. Dinner that evening was over by the Zoo and I passed by a Cuban Cigar Rm.  that had the most complete selection of Cuban Cigars I have ever seen.  A nice Hoya de Monterey and some B & B and  I was off to bed


CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS

1 comment:

  1. Can't tell you the number of times I've been on a metro or bus and realized I was headed the wrong way!! You get off and go across the track and get on the one going the other way..just like you did. In fact I was on the wrong bus just yesterday! Grr.... Prices on the Cubans?

    ReplyDelete