Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 2 Wed July 11

Day 2:  Landed at Paris's Charles deGaul in 1/2 mile, 200 ft visibility.  That's pilot talk for bad weather.  CDG is really spread out.  I had to walk for 30 minutes to get to my connection.  Then things started to deteriorate.  Now, I was with the European masses.  Had to stand at the gate.  No empty seats.  Went downstairs to a bus to take us to the plane on the tarmac.  First Class on this segment was the bulkhead with the center seat blocked off.  My lunch came in a plastic box.  At Berlin's Tegel airport I found the bus to the city and for 2.3 E I was off to my hotel; Hotel Wall-street. Found the hotel with minimum difficulty.  The numbers on the street don't necessarily follow the rules that most of us are accustomed to. Now I wanted to lie down but I knew that I would never get up, so I did what any tired child would want to do,  I went to the Zoo. After an hour and a half of looking at the animals, I was so tired I headed back to the hotel and got in bed. No dinner.


 Photos Here

1 comment:

  1. Your first of many experiences in walking. In Europe you walk your .... off!

    ReplyDelete