Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 13 Sun July 22

Morning train to Budapest.  This is the nicest ride I've had since landing on the continent.  A total of 7 hours with comp beverage service by the best looking gal I've seen since the mall in Warsaw.  Did I mention the tall blond I met getting off the train in Warsaw ? I think my foot is a little better today.  With the help of a elastic bandage, I can get my shoe on. Arrived Keliti Station right on time.  Now here is a observation:...The further I go the worst the train stations.  This place looks and smells like the cattle auction barn in Chappell Hill.  If you have never been to a cattle auction..don't worry, just imagine.  Anyway.. Outrageous money converters, and one ATM machine which actually had directions in English...the only english I saw at this station.  Got some money in my pocket and now the real fun starts,  The cabs are on the barter system.  I approached the first in line an gave him my hotel, and asked the fare..He quoted $30.  Now I just had a ride to the Prague station and it was only $10 in the hotel MB... so I started with an offer of $10... Now three other drivers enter the picture and start in Hungarian.  Finally the one that looks like Telly Savalis says I'll take you for $15 and I am going that way NOW. I rolled my big bag to his cab and I was in the hotel lobby in 10. Got a nice corner room with lots of light, great internet and European CNBC... Who could ask for any thing more...

1 comment:

  1. Glad your foot is getting better! Enjoy Hungary and we'll see you in Paris soon.

    ReplyDelete