Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 15 Tues July 24

Was having my morning coffee back at Deak;  l liked that area...and saw a bicycle tour forming. So I was in.  Turned out I was the only one.   So I had a private tour with "Guta"... I am not sure how she spells her name but that is the phonetic.  She was quite interesting.  A native Hungarian, probably about 35 who  teaches English at the University during the year and does tours in the summer.  She has been to NYC several times.  We had a blast,  Went all over the Pest and Buda side.  Saw it all in 4 1/2 hours of cycling and even stopped for Hungarian Goulash.  I could do without that stuff,  We talked a lot of history and politics as well as economics.  She was a rather well to do lady who was very educated full of info. She sent me to restaurant along the River that evening where I had good meal.  I was set to take a late night cruise along the river, but it started raining. So it was back to the hotel where I collapsed after a hard day.
PHOTOS HERE

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your Hungarian experience is going well! The good, the bad and the ugly all rolled into two days! Glad to hear your foot is better.

    ReplyDelete