Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 9 Wed. July 18

Well I was getting very cocky about my ability to get around strange places.  Mark will tell you that I can wake up from a nap, look at a map for a minute or two and go directly to where I am headed.  I could still do that, until today.  Got lost in the old town of Krakow.  Kept walking and couldn't figure why I couldn't get to the square  of Rynek.  I was lost and finally had to admit it.   Berlin is quite well marked and easy to get around.  Warsaw apparently cleaned up in anticipation of the Euro Cup visitors last month, but Krakow.....Now I know where Polack jokes originated.  Oh well, the people are very nice and they make GREAT Pastries.... Went through a Museum of Photography taken by a wealthy Jewish businessman in the 20's and  30's who left Poland along with many others and    moved to Israel in the 30's.  Wonder what he knew...

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS

1 comment:

  1. I like getting lost in new places. I've discovered some wonderful, unexplored and seldom visited places. Places away from the touristy crowds.

    ReplyDelete